Monday, April 29, 2013

6x1 awards

So here are the ratings for the 6x1 assignments and why...

#1. Assignment 1: Cameraless film making-I really liked this one, I felt like a cross between Sergei Eisenstein   and Jackson Pollack. I liked using the splicer...it was like a return to old-school editing,without the bugginess of final cut pro. I was able to destroy and create at the same time.

#2. Assignment 4: Crowdsourcing- I didn't think this one was going to end up looking good. But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the finished product. I thought it turned out really well. Also, it was pretty exciting to watch everybody's work come together to create an impressive little film.

#3. Assignment 6: Rhythmic Editing- I really liked editing this, it was like composing a song. I don't know how I feel about the second sensory element yet...since I haven't performed it yet. We will see...

#4. Assignment 5: Bolex longtake-A pretty basic assignment. However, the joy of this assignment was learning to use the bolex and developing film.

#5. Assignment 3: Stop-motion animation- fun, but everybody has dabbled in it at some point or another. The multi-plane shooting was a nice touch though.

#6. Assignment 2: Crowdsourcing longtake- Pretty much a mini-assignment. Almost reminiscent of the avant-garde exercise of 201...I felt this was a staple of the bigger crowdsourcing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment